Wednesday 19 September 2012

A whoopie cushion!

I am looking ahead to Christmas (eeek, sorry everyone!) and thought I would make some cushion covers for several of my friends using the wonky log cabin lessons I learnt at the FQ retreat, and using this brilliant tutorial from Judith.

Here is my first attempt.

 
And the back - with it's lovely hidden zip


I even snuck on one of my school name tags!!


It's for my friend who has a narrow boat, so I thought the bright flowers and pops of red would go well in her boat.

Now I need to study the colour schemes of my friends lounges to try and make them cushions that would fit!

Today has been a lovely day, I have met up with Moira and the wee man for an afternoon of nattering about sewing and children..... lovely.

6 comments:

  1. Your cushion looks great - and yes it is the time we need to start thinking about hand made Christmas goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cushion and like the zippy back too. Good idea to start on the Christmas pressies. Glad that you had a good time with Moria. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be such a bright and beautiful gift - perfect for a narrow boat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love the name you've given this cushion! Your wonky log cabin front is fab! Lovely present idea! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this cushion in real life and it is amazeballs! Thank you for a lovely afternoon, Tanya x

    ReplyDelete